An identification card, or ID card for short, is a badge given to an employee to identify him as an employee of the organization. The card would have his full name, designation/department, and date of expiration written on it. It is an easy and visual way to identify who belongs to the company’s building and who does not.
Important components of an ID card.
- An ID card must have the employee’s full name. A title such as Dr, Ms, Mrs, or Mr. might also be mentioned.
- The designation of an employee is also mentioned right after his name. Sometimes the employees from different departments are given different coloured strings with their badges to easily identify the department of the employee.
- The company’s logo is also very important. The image of a company’s brand is easily recognisable and should be prominent on the employee’s ID card. The colour and font size of any text on the logo should be consistent for all the employees in the company.
- The ID card’s design should be such that it is easy to read and recognise from a distance. The font should not be too small or too big and the colour of the ID card itself should be consistent with the brand of the company. Avoid using too many bright colours at once. If, for example, the company logo is blue then the ID cards can have different shades of blue to stay consistent with the brand.
- A picture of the employee should also be present on the ID card. It is better to take a picture of the employee with a plain background with his/her hair tucked behind ears and that his face is clearly visible. If he wears glasses, make sure the camera flash doesn’t produce glare which will hide his eyes.
- The card should be hard and durable, so it survives everyday wear. It can be covered in a plastic or PVC casing to make it last longer. The employee should sign the card before it is sent for lamination. Moreover, the orientation of the card, i.e., horizontal, or vertical, should also be kept consistent.
- If the ID card is to be used as a smart card, it can have a bar code on it to make it scannable.
- Make sure the ID card is secure and non-replicable. The employee’s fingerprint can also be added alongside his signature to make it secure. Moreover, a holographic overlay can be put on the cards to avoid any unauthorised replication of the card.
Other uses of employee ID cards:
The main function of an employee ID card is to correctly identify an employee of the company however, the ID can be used for several other purposes as well.
These days many companies opt for smart ID cards. These cards can be used to control access to certain features of the building for example unlocking doors, using elevators and the vending machine, accessing the company’s parking lot, etc.
If there is ever a corporate event, the employees can access entry into the event through their smart ID cards. This will reduce the need for checking invitations at the entrance. Moreover, many companies have a separate E-Lane for authorized employee cars. The employees can just swipe the card and the gate and drive through. The rest of the people entering will have to go through scrutiny before they’re allowed access which will waste time.
In addition, a smart chip may also be inserted into the ID card which will help track the location of the employee. This can prove to be useful if the employee is sent on official tours or even to keep an eye on the movement of the employee.
To make a smart employee ID card, the services of another company can be hired that specializes in making such cards. Make sure all employees are issued their identity cards without delay after they are hired.
Browse for hundreds of categories of employee workplace id cards here.
Dimension: 3.38″ x 2.13″ (Horizontal)
Dimension: 2.13″ x 3.38″ (Vertical)
- Novelty ID Cards
- Travel Agent ID Badges
- Fake Photo ID Badge Maker
- Fake Driver License Badges USA
- Press ID Badges
- Operation Theatre Technician ID Badges
- Doctor Assistant ID Badges
- ID Badges for Front-End Employees
- Financial Advisor ID Badges
- Painter Photo ID Badges/cards
- Office Tea Boy ID Badges
- Sweeper ID Cards/Badges Templates
- Personal Bodyguard ID Badges
- CEO Workplace ID Badge Templates
- Operational Manager Workplace ID Cards/badges