A medical ID badge is a card/badge worn by healthcare workers for identification purposes. An ID badge helps patients and other healthcare colleagues to identify the person entering a medical vicinity or treating a certain patient. The badge is an important part of a healthcare worker’s uniform.
The workers working in small clinics, or hospitals are all encouraged to put on an ID badge, as it not only helps in identification but also to keep the medical facility’s security in check.
Besides general identification, a medical ID badge can serve different purposes, few are enlisted below:
- Ensuring the security of medical vicinity – May it be a clinic or a hospital, as per the standard operating protocols, not all workers are authorized to visit the complete hospital vicinity or wards. It could lead to a breach of privacy or may pose a risk for admitted patients. Thus, the badge helps in ensuring the transparency and safety of the patients.
- Regulating time-sheet – like any other profession, the attendance record of healthcare workers is also maintained. The ID badges, consisting of magnetic stripes or barcodes can help in tracking the worker’s presence. The log for check-in and out is easy to maintain with the help of a medical ID badge.
- Cashless Payment – Nurses or medical staff may use ID badges in the cafeteria of hospitals for the purchase of edible goods. Instead of paying cash, the amount can be deducted from the budget allocated to the medical staff as a daily allowance.
Improve the efficiency of operations…
In order to improve the healthcare worker and patient relations, or to improve the efficiency of operations at a clinic/hospital, the template of an ID badge consists of a few general features, such as:
- Health-care facility name
- Health-care facility address
- Health-care worker’s Name
- Healthcare worker’s picture
- Bar-code/Magnetic stripe
- Terms and Conditions – written on the backside of the badge, to clarify the restrictions and limitations for badge bearer
Variety of templates…
Different online platforms provide a variety of templates for designing customized Medical ID badges. The online templates are not only readily available but are easy to customize as per the requirements and can be downloaded or printed afterward.
The users need to follow a few basic steps, such as; signing up (when required), choosing a template, editing by using the features of the existing gallery of the online resource, saving the edited template, downloading, and printing.
Easy to download & print…
The badges designed through online available resources are easy to download and print. Once the user has finalized and saved the template, it can be downloaded by clicking the download option which either pops up while saving the file or is displayed somewhere on the same web page.
The user may also choose to download, by right-clicking the image, followed by the option of ‘Save As’, the file can then be saved in the desired folder.
Choose quality & format…
Few online resources also provide an option of selecting the quality and format (jpeg., PNG, pdf.) of the file, which can be opted by the user as per the requirement. The printing can be done easily by giving the command of print.
The user just needs to ensure the compatibility of the printer with the device in which the file is saved and for the material being used for printing (glossy sheet, simple paper, cardboard, etc.). Also, the need for colored or black-and-white printing should be considered while printing, and the printer’s compatibility should be met.
Few healthcare facilities, get the ID badges for the healthcare workers by availing the services of designers, who can design the badges as required by the officials of the medical facility, and later the badges are printed by utilizing the services of a local vendor.
Opt for designing mode…
Though the owners of a medical facility can choose to opt for any of the designing modes, as discussed above, the most efficient way is to get the badges ready through online available resources. Those resources are not only robust and economical but also user-friendly.