Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC) cards are plastic cards that are basically used for identification purposes. The PVC is easy to modify, lasts longer, and has utility in different fields. One can put any graphics, pictures, bar codes, magnetic stripes, scratch panels, logos, text, thumbprint, etc., on it.
Although the companies may want varying sizes of a PVC card based on their requirements and the information to be included on those cards, at the same time, many companies opt for the standard size of the PVC card. It is easy to get this size printed from a PVC printer and the size is called CR80, which is the size of a standard credit card. This has a thickness of 30 mm, and dimensions of 3.375″ x 2.125″.
The usage of the PVC cards includes:
- ID cards
- ID badges
- Business cards
- Membership cards
- Loyalty cards
- Gift cards
- Discount cards,
- Key tags,
- Luggage tags, etc.
Based on the size and usage, there are many templates available for PVC cards. This includes templates available online as well as available in programs, such as Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
These templates are easy to use and customize as per the requirements of the user. The user may include any information, picture, security features, like bar codes, change the background, color, or any other detail. At the same time, there are companies who prefer to design their own PVC cards from scratch and do not make use of the available templates.
Once the designing part is done, the card is sent for printing to the PVC printers. The printing cost is dependent on the size and the incorporated information. After printing, the PVC cards are reviewed to be later distributed to the relevant individuals.
There are many benefits of using PVC cards, which explains their wide usage as well. Some of the benefits associated with the PVC cards and their templates are:
- They are readily available and printable.
- They are easy to customize and modify.
- They can be used for various purposes and in various fields. The usage can extend from identification to loyalty to the gift cards.
- They appear to be professional and formal.
- Due to their high graphics quality, the quality of printed cards is high as well, which reduces reprinting costs and decreases wastage.
- They have durability and lasts longer which reduces reprinting needs and costs. For instance, as these cards may often get exposed to extreme weathers, sunlight, chemicals, etc., their durability helps in saving extra costs of reprinting to a great extent.
- The security features, that can be easily embedded in them, increase the attraction of their usage.
- With the good quality PVC, the printheads can enjoy a longer life; printheads are expensive parts of the printer.
Due to their numerous advantages and easy availability, the PVC cards and their templates are used throughout the world and in various organizations.